Without a doubt Dîner en Blanc will go down as one of my most memorable moments of 2013.
One gorgeous evening, one secret location, 3000 people, all dressed elegantly in white, dining with good food and good wine, celebrating with loved ones.
This is the second year that Dîner en Blanc has come to Australia and this year’s Sydney secret location was Bondi Beach.
The location was only revealed to us only minutes before we arrived to the event. Let me tell you I was over the moon when the coach arrived at Bondi Beach.
I was devastated that I missed out on the first Sydney event held outside the MCA with a gorgeous Sydney Harbour backdrop. But I am so glad that they selected my favourite beach for this year’s event.
Nothing quite compares to having a glass of wine while burying your bare feet into the soft white sands, hearing the waves crashing to the shore and watching the sunset down the horizon.
It was breathtaking.
For a brief moment, all the lined up white tables and chairs did make it seem like we were at a private beach wedding!
All “stressful” preparation leading up to the event as totally worth it. What to eat, What to wear and What to bring.
We all had to bring our own white tables and chairs, food, wine glasses and cutlery. But the adventure of lugging our gear to an unknown destination and seeing everyone do the same was just so spontanous and fun.
At the end of the day it was simply taking time away from our busy city life to dress up and share a splendor meal with our friends and loved ones.
Such a magical experience that I’m never going to forget.
I’m attending Dîner en Blanc Sydney this weekend and while I initially thought my outfit was sorted, I was later advised that everything had to be white.
That is EVERYTHING.
Not mainly white or white with hues of colours.
Shoes, accessories, handbags , everything top to toe completely completely white! White and White only.
I planned to wear my Zara red pumps and my pink Mulberry Lily with my white outfit. You know a splash of colour to add a bit of fun?
I don’t know why I’m surprised with the strict guidelines, but I guess this is the only way to ensure a beautiful, elegant and serene white themed party.
Back to drawing board to re-plan my outfit now!
Just a few more sleeps to go and we all know what we’re looking forward to aside from the big Thanksgiving annual feast – the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales!
Similar to last year, a lot of the sales have been brought forward and are already available instore and online.
I’ve started to compile the list of special deals offers and will be continuously updating the offers as and when I receive new information.
If you’re planning to hit the stores, get in early or shop online to avoid the queues. As always Good Luck and Happy Shopping!!
International Shipping Online Offers
- Net-a-Porter (US site) : Now on! – 30-50% off
- Outnet: Free shipping for orders $250 or more CODE: FREESHIPWKEND
- Shopbop: Spend & Save – Includes All Full-Priced & SALE Items. Enter Code BIGEVENT13 at Checkout. Offer ends Monday, December 2, 2013 at 11:59PM PST
- Spend $250+ & Save 15%
- Spend $500+ & Save 20%
- Spend $1000+ & Save 25%
- Moda Operandi: Currently on Private Sale – Enjoy 40% Off certain brands. Discount automatically applied when log into account.
- Alexander Wang: 40% off select fall and pre-fall 2013 items with code AWSALE13, for a limited time.
- Aveda: Spend $50 get one sample Code: HOLIDAY50, Spend $100 get two samples Code: HOLIDAY100, Spending $150 get three samples CODE: HOLIDAY150. Offer ends on 1/12/2013 and available to AU residents only
- Barneys: Up to 40% off Selected designers
- Beren Shoes: 30-60% off selected items
- Bloomingdales: Big Brown Bag sale with up to 50 percent off select items; In store, $15 Money gift card for every $100 spent; Online-only, take $25 off every $200 spent; 30 percent off designer handbags; Free shipping on online orders until 12/21/2013; Loyalists get double Bloomingdale’s points until 12/1/2013
- Bluefly: Take an additional 30% off contemporary apparel and accessories, plus a “designer handbag and shoe blowout.”
- Cambridge Satchel Company: 25% off select styles and colors through December 2.
- Dorothy Perkins: Up to 30% off everything
- SSENSE: Sale now on up to 50% off – free shipping for to Canada and US and for order over $500 to all other destinations.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: 40 percent off designer items; 60 percent off Diane von Furstenberg
- Neiman Marcus: Up to 50% off, further 20% off reduced items.
- Yoox: EXTRA 10% off and free gift wrapping. Code: YOOXGIFTS10. Valid till 4th Dec
- Farfetch: Sale now on. Free shipping
- Tory Burch: Up to 30% Off
- Nordstrom: Save up to 50% off.
- Revolve Clothing: The Black Friday Weekend Sale Continues with 5000+ items at up to 75% off!
- Luisa Viaroma: Now through Monday get 10% off winter sale items with the code CJ10E
- Lord & Taylor: 20% off sale and clearance with code BIG.
- Loeffler Randall: Take 25% off all Matilde flat riding boots with code MATILDEJOY through November 29. Enjoy up to 30% off LR Fall’13 shoes and handbags. And if you’re in New York, make sure you stop by the Fall Sample Sale, at the Loeffler Randall showroom: 525 Broadway (corner of Spring in soho), 4th Floor.
- JCrew: 3 days only. 30% off your order.
- Macy’s: http://www.macys.com/m/black-friday/index 20% off (plus an extra 15% off home) with code GOBBLE.
- Piperlime: Piperlime: 30% off using coupon code “THANKS” until Nov. 27
- Urban Outfitters: Deals under $20, $30 and $50 for women’s and men’s; Free shipping on all orders over $50
- Apple AU: one-day Apple shopping event is this Friday, 29 November. Shop online after midnight AEDT
- Harrods: Enjoy a sensational 10% off* most purchases in-store and online at harrods.com this weekend. This offer is exclusively available to Harrods Rewards members, so don’t forget to use your Rewards card every time you shop. Saturday 30th November & Sunday 1st December 2013
- House of Fraser: Up to 40% off during Brand Event
- Books Depository: 50 books on offer over 25 hours. A new bargain will be up every 30 minutes.
- Lane Crawford: Earn double bonus points this shopping weekend
- LN-CC: Current offer – use preview code LNCC30DE to get 30% off selected AW13 brands.
US only Instore and Online Offers
- 3.1 Phillip Lim: 40% off select pre-fall and fall 2013 items.
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday/b?node=384082011
- Abercrombie & Fitch: 40% off entire store in stores and online Nov. 27 with $5 shipping
- Bath & Body Works: Buy 3, get 3 free; 5 for $15 or 7 for $20 anti-bac hand soap; $1 shipping on orders of $25 or more using code “HURRY25;” VIP bag $20 with a $40 purchase through Nov. 30.
- Club Monaco: Current offer 30% off already reduced items. Offer is valid November 23 through November 29, 2013 (11:59pm PT) on ClubMonaco.com
- French Connection: Take 30% off any purchase through Monday, December 2, in-store and online, plus free shipping on orders over $150. Enter W13COUPON.
- Intermix: 20% off regular price goods sitewide one day only. Discount applied automatically at checkout.
- bergdorf goodman Up to 40% off
- Marc Jacobs: Enjoy 40% off + free shipping
- JC Penny: Doorbusters Thursday 8 p.m. to Friday 1 p.m.; Free shipping over $49 Thursday through Monday; Get a $25 off coupon when you buy a 4-pack of JCPenney gift cards totaling $100 in stores only; 15% off online code “BLKDEALS” Friday from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sephora: “Dealtopia” and has unveiled $10 Black Friday deals on its Pinterest page.
- Nordstrom: extended hours on Friday, Nov. 29 and Saturday, Nov. 30.
- $10 Nordstrom Beauty Grab Bag Palette
- $18 Ahava Mineral Hand Cream Duo
- Free Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo (2oz), Conditioner (2 oz) and Brilliant Glossing Cream (1.5 oz) with $50 purchase
- Free luxe weekender bag with $59 Katy Perry Killer Queen fragrance (3.4 oz) purchase
- Forever 21: Black Friday promotion Scratch and Win Cards to be handed out in all U.S, U.S. territories, and Canada stores, excluding Quebec.
- Henri Bendel: Through December 1, take 25% off orders of 100+, plus receive a $20 splurge card with code TURKEY25.
- Victoria’s Secret: Free slippers with top PJ gifts; Free Secret reward card with $10 purchase from Dec. 5-20; Free scarf with any sweater purchase; Free laundry bag with any $65 Pink bedding item using code “BAG65;” Free shipping on purchases of $100 or more using coupon code “SHIP13”
For Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter, the floral print is the perfect way to brighten up your outfit.
It’s feminine, pretty and fun.
Even with someone like me who has 99% of my wardrobe coloured in black, I have fully embraced the floral trend with floral printed shoes.
So don’t be afraid, add a floral top or go bold with clashing floral prints!
Here are a few outfit ideas that I have put together using a selection of floral pieces that I have picked from River Island.
Dance the night away in Floral Heels
These gorgeous Charlotte Olympia Kitty Flats stole my heart ever since the first time I saw them being covered on the streets of fashion week.
If you ever checked my online shopping bookmarked sites, these would already be sitting in my shopping cart.
I just kept umming and ahing and never proceed beyond the checkout button.
I always wondered, would these flats become part of my staple wardrobe or are they just a trend…?
Something just came over me last week on a late night after work. I might’ve been extremely exhausted and ‘accidentally’ clicked the checkout button or it was some ‘deep discussions’ with some fellow fashionistas that reignited my obsession and I just took the plunge!
Given my endless love for my Marc Jacobs Mouse flats, I think its safe to say that these chic kitty flats are going to be worn to death this summer!
See you around town in my new kitties! ;)
(PS It was a difficult choice between black velvet or black satin, but I decided on satin due to the upcoming Spring/Summer season coming upon us in Sydney. Next on my list Navy Blue Velvet Kitty Flats!)
My first Deborah Lippmann nail polishes!
A celebrity favourite and the go-to-brand, I just can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get my hands on a bottle of my own.
The first of many I am sure, I picked up a bottle of Modern Love, Bad Romance and Razzle Dazzle during my quick stop trip to Hong Kong.
Pictured above, are my nails in Modern Love. A dusty mauve colour that has quickly found itself as another fav staple shade of mine which I call the “new nudes” (think Chanel Frenzy).
Thanks to the crème formula, the polish gives full-coverage just after 2 layers and after a week the my nails are still looking as good as new – definitely ticks the box for long-lasting wear too.
Pics of the other 2 shades to come.
Vivid Sydney – A Festival of Light, Music & Ideas
For the third year in a row Sydney held the Vivid Sydney festival, transforming the iconic landmarks into an art canvas. It makes me realise what such a beautiful city I live in. #sydneypride
Colourful light installations and projections, special music events and thought provoking public talks, bringing the city to life and this year drawing crowd numbers like every night was the new years eve.
So my tip for next year, head out on a week night and go during the first few nights of the event. Rug up to stay warm and plot out your route. Every single year I have never successfully completed the entire route because I get side tracked or either I’ve ran out of time (lights turn off at midnight).
Highlights for this year were all the installations that were interactive – getting your dance groove at Customs House’ “Move Your Building”, the DJ’s box and the illuminated drums and enlightening piano at Campbells Cove.
The Harbour Bridge was part of the event for the first time but I just thought it was a bit silly that it was illuminated only on one side of the bridge and it was the side facing towards the North! (For those not in Sydney, its the side facing out towards the ocean!)
Hopefully they’ll light up both sides of the bridge next year?
Check out my Vivid Sydney 2012 post here.
Sales season is upon us!!!
In Australia, the end of financial year sales are meant to be the biggest and best of the year. Over time, thankfully more sale seasons have been added to the retail calendar, such as the Christmas sales, Thanksgiving sales and etc…
I’m not going to lie, the sales in Australia are far from comparable to those overseas and more often than not, even after discounted prices are still more costly than overseas prices. *sigh* The price that Aussies pay for living so far from everyone else!
Having said that, nothing stops a girl from shopping and here are my recent purchases from the sales – a mixture of local and online purchases:
One of the biggest hauls were at Country Road – 4 pairs of shoes and 2 merino knits (oh they are just so luxurious if you’ve haven’t tried them yet). Sales offer on the first 2 days was further 25% off reduced items and full priced items. I am still struggling to understand how I managed to scoop up all of these before my morning coffee!
Forever New’s end of season offer was further 30% off reduced items. Bought a pair of bordeaux jacquard pants and a sheer studded top.
This Ted Baker camel coat is one of the two of my favourite items purchases from the sales.
It was selling for $A479 instore vs £239 (approx $A379) online. That’s price mark up of $100!! But instead of buying it straight away I waited. Experience tells me that sales seasons is just around the corner, and House of Fraser’s online site has a nifty inventory count that lets you know how much stock is left.
I was right, a few weeks later House of Fraser had a end of season sale and I ended up paying £209 (approx $A331). Total savings of $147!!!
Purrrfect leopard print booties from Nine West half price sale! A spontaneous buy during my beloved friends hen’s – oh I love her for understanding my itich for shopping every now and then. ;)
And leaving the best till last, my other favourite buy – A Miu Miu black tote that I had been eyeing for sometime. A tote that was a little big on my frame which was the only reason that held my back from buying it, even though I was after a big tote style.
But I truly believing in the saying “good things come to those who wait”, the Shopping Gods were on my side and I scored this bag at the Miu Miu SS13 sale and at 40% off!!!
That’s all for now. What goodies have you scooped up from the sales so far?